Dr. Sahin was born in Istanbul. He completed his BSc in Marmara University in Education Faculty as Chemistry Teacher. After his BSc. He attended Prof. Ozturk Organic Research Group and he conducted his master (2009)and PhD (2015) with Prof Ozturk in Istanbul Technical University. Dr. Sahin have had several teaching and practical chemistry experiences over ten years in Marmara University, Istanbul Technical University, and high school level associations. After his PhD, he granted TUBITAK 2219 posdtoctoral scholarship (2017-2019), and he conducted his Post-doc studies with Prof. Wallis in Nottingham Trent University in UK. Especially, his studies have focused heterocyclic synthesis, conjugated organic conductives, sulfur and boron chemistry. Now he is working with Assoc Dr Guzel Research Group as Postdocdoral researcher.
PUBLICATIONS AND PATENTS
- “Investigation of electrochromic properties of poly(3,5-bis(4-methoxyphenyl)dithieno[3,2-b;2′,3′-d]thiophene”, O. Sahin, I. Osken, T. Ozturk, Synthetic Metals, 2011, 161, 183-187
- “Synthesis of silver/epoxy nanocomposites by visible light sensitization using highly conjugated thiophene derivatives”, Y. Yagci, O. Sahin, T. Ozturk, S. Marchi, S. Grassini, M. Sangermano, Reactive and Functional Polymers, 2011, 71, 857-862.
- “Selective syntheses of vinylenedithiathiophenes (VDTTs) and dithieno [2,3-b;20,30-d]thiophenes (DTTs); building blocks for p-conjugated systems”, I. Osken, O. Sahin, A.S. Gundogan, H. Bildirir, A. Capan, E. Ertas, M.S. Eroglu, J.D. Wallis, K. Topal, T. Ozturk, Tetrahedron, 2012, 68, 1216-1222.
- “Synthesis and electrochromic properties of 3,5-diphenyl-2,6-dithiophene-2-yldithieno[3,2-b;2’,3’-d]thiophene”, P. Dundar, I. Osken, O.Sahin, T. Ozturk, Synthetic Metals, 2012, 162, 1010-1015.
- “Synthesis and Properties of Thiophene and Dithiin Functionalized Tetrathiafulvalenes”, Ertas, E., Bildirir, H., Sahin, O., Osken, I., Phosphorus, Sulfur, and Silicon and the Related Elements, 2013, 188, 1835-1844.
- “Functionalization of fullerene (C60) with metformine to immobilized palladium as a novel heterogeneous and reusable nanocatalyst in the Suzuki–Miyaura coupling reaction at room temperature”, H. Veisi, R. Masti, D. Kordestani, M. Safaei, O. Sahin, J. Mol. Catalysis A : Chemical, 2014, 385, 61-67
- “White light emitting polymers possessing thienothiophene and boron units”, O. Sahin, M. E. Cinar, E. Tekin, S. P. Mucur, S. Topal, G. Suna, M. S. Eroglu, and T. Ozturk, Chemistry Select, 2017, 2, 2889-2894.
- “Synthesis and
Structures of Polyiodide Radical Cation Salts of Donors
Combining Tetrathiafulvalene with Multiple Thiophene or Oligo-thiophene
Substituents.” Jonathan Short, Toby J. Blundell, Songjie Yang, Onur Sahin, Yiana
Shakespeare, Emma L. Smith, John D. Wallis *, Lee Martin *. Submitted
- Ozturk, T., Tekin, E., Sahin, O., Sevinis, B.E., Eroglu, M.S., Goren, A.C., Cinar, M.E., Turkoglu, G., 2015. New Poly(thienothiophenylborane)s and Poly(dithienothiophenylborane)s, Useful as Organic Light Emitting Materials, i.e. Organic Light Emitting Diodes (OLED), for emitting particularly white light. Patent Number :WO2015033187-A1.
NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL MEETINGS
- Dithienothiophene based optoelectronic materials and investigation of their physical properties, 23. National Chemistry Congress, Cumhuriyet University, 16-20 June 2009, Sivas, Turkey (Oral presentation)
- Synthesis of 3,5-dimethoxydiphenyldithieno[3,2-b;2’,3’-d]thiopheneandinvestigation of itselectrochromicproperties, 24. National Chemistry Congress, 29 June- 2 July 2010, Zonguldak Karaelmas University, Zonguldak, Turkey (Oral presentation)
- Synthesis of 3,5-dimethoxydiphenyl dithieno[3,2-b;2’,3’-d]thiophene and the investigation of electrochromic property of its homopolymer, International Symposium on the Organic Chemistry of Sulfur (ISOCS 24), 25-30 July 2010, Florence, Italy (Poster)
- “PBMPhDTT/PEDOT Electrochromic Device Properties”, 25. Ulusal Kimya Kongresi, 27 June-2 July 2011, Atatürk University, Erzurum, Turkey (Poster)
- Thienothiophene containing organoboron donor (d)-acceptor (a) systems, International Symposium on the Organic Chemistry of Sulfur (ISOCS 25), 24-29 June 2012, Czestochowa, Poland (Poster)
- Preparation of Thienothiophene based and mesitylboron containing donor-acceptor polimers and investigation of their physical properties, 26. National Chemistry Congress, Muğla University, 1-6 October 2012, Fethiye-Muğla, Turkey (Oral presentation)
- Synthesis of Donor and Acceptor (boron) Containing Polymers for OLED applications, 44th World Chemistry Congress, 11-16 August 2013, Istanbul, Turkey (Poster)
- OLED applications of TT-boron containing π-conjugated materials, 28. National Chemistry Congress, Çanakkale 18 Mart University, 23-28 August 2015, Çanakkale, Turkey (Oral presentation)
- Thienothiophene-Boron Containing Polymers for White Light Emitting Applications. 3rd International Congress on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICNT 2015), July 2-3, 2015 İstanbul-Turkey. (Oral Presentation)
- Synthesis of Thienothiophene and DihiopheneTriphenyl Amine Couples for Organic Conductive Materials, 28. National Chemistry Congress, Mersin University, 15-21 August 2016, Mersin, Turkey (Poster)
- First Example of Thienothiophene and Boron Containing Donor-Acceptor Polymers in White Organic Light Emitting Diodes, RSC Organic Division Midlands Meeting 2018, 22nd March, Loughborough University, Department of Chemistry, West Park teaching hub, England (Poster)
- Synthesis of Conjugated Thienothiophene, Benzothiadiazole, and Boron Unit Containing Donor-Acceptor Oligomers for Photovoltaic Applications , 14th International conference on materials chemistry (MC14), Aston University, 8-11 July 2019, Birmingham, United Kingdom (Poster)
- Synthesis of donor-acceptor oligomers containing thienothiophene, bezothiadiazole and boron for photovoltaic applications, 31. National Chemistry Congress, , Yıldız Teknik Üniversitesi,10-13 Eylül 2019, İstanbul, Turkey (Poster)