She is currently a PhD Candidate in the Department of Food Engineering at Yıldız Technical University under the supervisions of Assist. Prof Fatih Tornuk and Assist. Prof. Mustafa Guzel (coadviser) with the bursaries of TUBITAK 2211-C and YÖK 100/2000 priority areas. Her main research interests are functional food, medicinal and aromatic plant, food bioactivities and disease, in vitro antidiabetic, in vitro bioavalibility and in vitro biological activity and cell culture. During her PhD, she attended two different laboratory works in London Kings College and Harvard Medical School for food metabolism-digestive cancer relationship and in vitro biological activity studies. These studies have enabled her to develop not only food science experience, but also a valuable and transferable skill set in this academic research area. Also, different multidisciplinary work experiences have provided her an effective ground to understand the relationship between food and health. Currently She is going on research with TUBİTAK-1004-COVID – 19 Project which is “ Synthesis of Unique Natural Molecule Analogues and Compounds to be Determined from Molecule Libraries by Hybrid Virtual Screening Methods, Investigation of In Vitro and In Vivo Anti-Viral Effects of Their Efficiency Against COVID-19 “ as a doctoral scholar.
After graduation from the department of Food Engineering at Ege University with a high honours bachelor degree in 2016, she was accepted for TUBITAK 1001 Project about “Optimization of Ultraviolet Pasteurization Conditions of Shalgam (Şalgam) Juice and Determination of Its Shelf Life” as a M.Sc. degree. Meanwhile, she worked as a project assistant in the research called ” The Production of Functional Food Ingredients with Hypoglycemic Activity from Low Quality Tea Product (TUBITAK 1003 project) at TUBITAK Marmara Research Centre. She focused specifically on antidiabetic and bioactive compound in medicinal and aromatic plants in this study.
Contact: [email protected]
As International Journal Articles
1. Karadag, A., Dogan, K., Pelvan, E., Tas, A., Eklioglu, O.A, Aksu, S., and Alasalvar, C. α-Glucosidase inhibitory activities, functional properties, and safety of green tea polysaccharides as a potential source of dietary supplement. J. Food Bioact. 3, 2018.
2. Dogan K, P.K. Akman, F. Tornuk, Improvement of Bioavailability of Sage and Mint by Ultrasonic Extraction. International Journal of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, 2019. 2(2): p.122- 135.
3. Karadag, A., Dogan, K., Pelvan, E., Tas, A., Eklioglu, O.A, Aksu, S., and Alasalvar, C. Optimisation of green tea polysaccharides by ultrasound-assisted extraction and their in vitro antidiabetic activities. Quality Assurance and Safety of Crops & Foods, August, 2019.
5. Dogan K. and Tornuk F., Improvement of bioavailability of bioactive compounds of medicinal herbs by drying and fermentation with Lactobacillus plantarum. Functional Foods in Health and Disease 2019; 9(12): 735-748
6. Akalın K., Ekiza A.T., Karakaya F., Karadağ A., Pelvan E., Doğan K., Alasalvar C., and Aksu S. Antidiabetic Effect Of Polysaccharides Extracted From Low Quality Teas in High Fat Diet and Streptozotocin Induced Diabetic Mice. J. Food Bioact. 8, 2019.
7. Dogan K, Akman PK , Tornuk F . Tree Barks As Potential Sources Of Value-Added Components For The Food Industry. International Journal of Food Technology and Nutrition 2 (3-4), 25-35
8. Akman P.K., Bozkurt F., Dogan K., Tornuk F. and Tamturk F. Fabrication and characterization of probiotic Lactobacillus plantarum loaded sodium alginate edible films. Journal of Food Measurement and Characterization 2020; DOI: 10.1007/s11694- 020-00619-6
9. Dogan, K., Akman, P. K., Tornuk, F. (2021). Role of non‐ thermal treatments and fermentation with probiotic Lactobacillus plantarum on in vitro bioaccessibility of bioactives from vegetable juice. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture. https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.11124
10. Pelvan, E., Karadag, A., Dogan, K., Aksu, S., Tas, A., Akalin, K., Eklioglu, O.A, and Alasalvar, C. In-vitro antidiabetic activities, chemical compositions, antioxidant activities, and toxicity of black tea polysaccharides as a potential source of dietary ingredients J. Food Bioact. 3, 2021.
11. F Bozkurt, H Bekiroglu, K Dogan, S Karasu, O Sagdic. Technological and Bioactive Properties of Wheat Glutenin Hydrolysates Prepared with Various Commercial Proteases. LWT – Food Science and Technology, 2021.
12. Dogan K, Erol E, Didem Orhan M, Degirmenci Z, Kan T, Gungor A, Yasa B, Avsar T, Cetin Y, Durdagi S and Guzel M. Instant determination of the artemisinin from various Artemisia annua L. extracts by LC‐ESI‐MS/MS and their in‐silico modelling and in vitro antiviral activity studies against SARS‐CoV‐2. Phytochemical Analysis, 2021.
1. The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK 1001) number 214O417 project. “Use Of Ultrasound And Ultraviolet Treatments As A New Methods At Shalgam beverage Production Technology” 2016-2017
2. The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK 1003) number 115O037 project.
” The Production of Functional Food Ingredients with Hypoglycemic Activity from Low Quality Tea Product. 2017-2018
3. Yıldız Technical University Scientific Research Projects ” Production, Characterization and Production Possibilities of Probiotic Rich Edible Sodium Alginate Film Containing Lactobacillus plantarum” 2019-till
4. The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK 1004) number 18AG003 project. ” Synthesis of Unique Natural Molecule Analogues and Compounds to be Determined from Molecule Libraries by Hybrid Virtual Screening Methods, Investigation of In Vitro and In Vivo Anti-Viral Effects of Their Efficiency Against COVID-19″ 2020-till
As International Oral Presentation
1.“Evaluation with Scientific Studies of Nutrition and Food Recommendations in Prophetic Medicine” 2.World Muslim Youth Summit and Exhibition POWER 07-09 Nisan 2017, Khartoum, Sudan
2. “Effects of Ultraviolet Treatment on Microbiological Load and Phenolic Content of Vegetable Juice” ICFNT 2018 : 20th International Conference on Food and Nutrition 28-29 June, 2018, London
3. “Tree barks as potential sources of value-added components for food industry” International Conference On Food Technology & Nutrition, Faculty Of Food And Food Technology, UNIVERSITY OF TETOVA 15-17 May 2019
4. Dogan, K., Törnük, F., (2019) “Improvement of bioavability of medicinal herbs by fermentation with Lactobacillus plantarum“ Functional Foods and Bioactive molecules 20-21 September Harvard Medical School, Boston.
As Conference Posters
1.Marangoz N., Dogan K., Akman K.,, Tornuk F., “Türkiye’nin Farklı Bölgelerinden Temin Edilen Madımak Örneklerinin Biyoaktif Ve Antimikrobiyal Özelliklerinin Belirlenmesi”, Imascon, Uluslararası Marmara Fen ve Sosyal Bilimler Kongresi, 19.06.2020, Kocaeli/Türkiye
2. Dogan, K., Törnük, F., (2019) “Improvement of bioavability of medicinal herbs by fermentation with Lactobacillus plantarum“ Functional Foods and Bioactive molecules 20-21 September Harvard Medical School, Boston.
3. Dogan, K., Törnük, F., “Effects of Ultraviolet Treatment on Microbiological Load and Phenolic Content of Vegetable Juice” ICFNT 2018 : 20th International Conference on Food and Nutrition 28-29 June, 2018, London
4. Dogan,K., İrkilmez, M.Ü., Başlar, M., Törnük, F., (2017) “Cold pasteurization of shalgam (şalgam) juices with ultraviolet technology and determination of processing conditions” II. International Balkan Agriculture Congress 16-18 MAY 2017,Tekirdağ.
5. Dogan, K., Törnük, F., (2017) “ Use of Olive Leaf as Medical and Aromatic Plant” I. International Congress On Medicinal And Aromatic Plants: “Natural And Healthy Life” 11 May 2017, Konya.
6. Dogan, K., (2017) “Evaluation with Scientific Studies of Nutrition and Food R Recommendations in Prophetic Medicine” World Muslim Youth Summit and Exhibition POWER 07-09 April 2017, Khartoum, Sudan.
7. Çevik, M., Tezcan, D., İçier F., Çakmak, K., Yılmaz, S., Dogan, K., Güneş, D., (2015) “Zeytin yaprağının arklı Güncel Kurutma yöntemleri İle Kurutulması: Kurutma Hızı ve Bazı Kalite Özellikleri Üzerine Etkilerinin Karşılaştırılması” Kurutulmuş ve Yarı Kurutumuş Gıdalar Pamukkale Gıda Sempozyumu III 13-15 May 2015, Denizli.