She has completed her bachelor’s degree in pharmacy from aden University/Yemen. She completed her Ph.D. degrees on Pharmaceutical Chemistry at Anadolu University, Eskişehir, Turkey in 2017. She is fascinated by organic chemistry and designing potential drug substances and her top interests in the field of medicinal chemistry, along with research on CNS targeted drugs.
Conference Papers Delivered:
- Hussein, W., Kaplancıklı, Z.A., Özkay,Y., Öztürk,N., Kiyan, H.A. A fast, applied, practicable way for synthesis of amide derivatives using silica
gel, International Multidisciplinary Symposium on Drug Research &
Development’15 (DRD-2015-Turkey, October 15-17 (2015),
- Hussein, W., Kaplancıklı, Z.A., Özkay,Y. Design and synthesis of novel acetylcholinesterase enzyme inhibitors based on structural similarity to donepezil and carboxylic acid induced enzyme immobilization, International Gazi Pharma Symposium Series (GPSS 2015), Gazi University Faculty of Pharmacy, Antalya-turkey, November 12-15 (2015).
- Turan-Zitouni,G., Hussein, W.,Sağlık, B.N.Toward one-compound-multiple-targets strategy: Design and synthesis of new pyrazoline and benzothiazole derivatives bearing ((4-(diethylamino) butyl) amino)methanethiol moiety as novel acetylcholinesterase and MAO inhibitors, 52nd International Conference on Medicinal Chemistry, Caen, Normandy, France – July 6-8, 2016.
- Turan-Zitouni, G., Hussein, W., Ucar, U., Saglik, B.N. To Struggle the Problem of Antibacterial Resistance: Synthesis and Antimicrobial Activity of New 2-[(1-Furan-2-yl)ethylidene)hydrazono)]-4-phenylthiazol-3(2H)-amine Derivatives. 4th International Conference on Computation for Science and Technology (ICCST), Malaysia -2016.
- Turan-Zitouni G., Tabbi A., Hussein W., Sağlık B.N. Synthesis and Evaluation of N-[1-(((3,4-Diphenylthiazol-2(3H)-ylidene) amino)methyl)cyclopentyl]acetamide Derivatives as Dual Inhibitors for the Treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease. 4th International Conference on Computation for Science and Technology (ICCST), Malaysia -2016.
- Kaplancıklı, Z. A., Altıntop,M.D., Turan-Zitouni, G.,Özdemir, A., Demire, R., Abu Mohsen, U., Hussein, W. (2013). Synthesis and Antifungal Activity of New Heterocyclic Compounds. Cukurova Medical Journal, 38, 103-107.
- Özkay, Y., Yurttaş, L., Mohsen, U. A., Sever, B., Hussein, W., Öztürk, Ö., Sağlık, B. N., Acar, U., Erdoğan, Ö. N., Pekbağ, A., Kaplancıklı, Z. A. (2014). Study on Thiazolyl-Hydrazone Derivatives as Acetylcholinesterase Inhibitors. MUSBED,4, 39-42.
- Kaya, B., Hussein, W., Yurttaş, Y., Turan-Zitouni, G., Gençer, H.K., Baysal,M ., Karaduman, A.B., Kaplancıklı, Z. A. (2017). Design and Synthesis of New 1,3,4-Oxadiazole – Benzothiazole and Hydrazone Derivatives as Promising Chemotherapeutic Agents. Drug Res.,67,275-282.
- Gülhan Turan-Zitouni, Weiam Hussein, Begüm Nurpelin Sağlık, Merve Baysal and Zafer Asım Kaplancıklı.(2017). Fighting Against Alzheimer’s Disease: Synthesis of New Pyrazoline and Benzothiazole Derivatives as New Acetylcholinesterase and MAO Inhibitors. Letters in Drug Design & Discovery, 14, 1-14.
- Gülhan Turan-Zitouni, Weiam Hussein , Begüm Nurpelin Saglık , Aouatef Tabbi and Bü¸sra Korkut.(2018). Design, Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Novel N-Pyridyl-Hydrazone Derivatives as Potential Monoamine Oxidase (MAO) Inhibitors. Molecules, 23, 113.